Friday, December 9, 2016

Confusion Transfusion Pie (Revised)



Why does college have to be so confusing? Do they want me to sleep or stay up to do the work? Why tell us to go to sleep and go out when I have all this work to do from them? In the moment, I see a pie in the sky. This pie has flaky, buttery crust laced with bitter cocoa powder with a layer of spicy, luscious chocolate ganache. Then a layer of savory, green basil panna cotta coats the chocolate with dollops of a sweet, bright tomato jam, extremely high proof cognac honey cream, and candied basil. Sprinkles litter the entire top of the pie except, they look like someone grinded the sprinkles into a powder like breaking up clumps of sugar.

Is the pie savory or sweet? No freakin’ idea! Does it taste good? Maybe, if I am intoxicated, or I lack taste buds or both. Why do people get to have two registration times that happen to be the earliest time on both days? Do I congratulate them on their success, or secretly hope for their downfall? I am clueless, perplexed, baffled, and mystified on how to respond. Part of me says sassily, “I really don’t like their attitude with their luck or unknown to me, hacking skills”. The other part of my being exclaim, “They have such a great opportunity to get  the classes they want.” Then they take the last spot of the class I desired! Why the heck are they taking Art History? How did that class even fill up so quick?! Do people have so many HAP requirements to fill?

Original - http://english101jn.blogspot.com/2016/11/confusion-transfusion-pie.html

No comments:

Post a Comment