Friday, December 9, 2016

Anthology Conclusion



Many of the posts signify many attempts at trying to improve from the last post. The course stresses the attention to audience and genre which I realize in later posts in the latter part of the year. The Amazon review details that, “The review doesn’t target people interested in the product, but it does target people who are curious at the type of review this milk product has.” The post relates to the Course Learning Outcomes of learning about key term such as genre and audience as the post explores the variety of genres and audiences that are available on Amazon. The ethnography post contributes to my development with more of the academic writing as observations make up the sources for the post. In the post, I mention that “Students can freely add Dooley Dollars to their account without having to buy a meal plan. Cox Hall has a Mexican themed stall, an Italian pasta stall, an Indian stall, an Asian stall, a pizza/burger stall, and a coffee/smoothie stall.” This claim I make comes from my observations and knowledge about Cox Hall. The next post based on religion provide a post that connect myself to the subject matter as I explore my spirituality through this post. I write in the post that, “The food restrictions always seem unreasonable as I don’t quite understand the reason for the restrictions.” This post really exemplifies my first foray into the “feelings” portion of the course.

In the most creative posts, Confusion Transfusion Pie, I utilize my frustration with my Spring 2017 class registration as inspiration for my pie. I vent my frustration in the post by saying that, “This pie has flaky, buttery crust laced with bitter cocoa powder with a layer of spicy, luscious chocolate ganache. Is the pie savory or sweet? Why do people get to have two registration times that happen to be the earliest time on both days?” I truly express myself in this post beyond my previous sarcastic persona. In the last featured post, I finally combine my own personality in an academic selection that provides an enlightening moment from reading Proust’s Madeleines reading. I relate back to Proust as I write, “I relate to Proust as I remember this feeling the last time my taste buds tasted the soup.” I experience an enlightenment as I recognize my growing nostalgia as I journey through college.

Throughout all the posts, I learn that revision involves more than just a grammar check. It involves a rethinking of why and how I wrote this post on. My revision from the beginning of the semester to the present changed as I now consider more of the purpose of writing the selection, but I still struggle with fixing simple grammar mistakes. On the contrary, the addition of different media encouraged me to think differently on what writing entails. Many of the films and photographs I see now include an analysis of how the image is created and what effects it creates. Throughout the semester, I found that I was analyzing more details as I realize that there is more to a selection than just simply what’s on the surface. Now, I go beyond just asking “what” or “who”, but “why” and “how” as I see the deeper meaning behind every detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment