Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Research Proposal Reflection



                In the grand context of trying to start my own food blog, I really must actually define what is molecular gastronomy. Most people do not know what the term means and how it relates to food. Also, I should also listen to advice on actually nitpicking my blog such as with the name of the blog which I have not done yet. Even with all that information ready for the blog, I need to explain why I’m writing this blog as I did explain the implications of it, but I never explained why I wanted to discuss this.
                When discussing my topic with other people, I realize that my topic is very unknown to some college students as some college students do not know how to cook or do not like the sciences. When writing the blog, I need to appeal to people’s sense of curiosity with fun “mini experiments” that capture the entire spirit of molecular gastronomy. I watch numerous programs about this topic, so I already understand the notion of it, while other people need an explanation of why should they care about this. I only thought that the blog would just inform people about molecular gastronomy, but now it might be more about breaking the barriers that stand between the audience and topic like clarifying misconceptions and explaining the relevance of the topic to cooking.

1 comment:

  1. Great! I like the idea of "mini experiments," and you provide a good rationale for including those aspects.

    Grade: Check

    ReplyDelete